Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Quadrupple Threat: The Perfect Runner's Backpack


I have a really bad habit of thinking I deserve new athletic gear when I get into training.  Whether it be running, soccer, or just being a plain old gym rat.  My newest fantasy has become this lululemon Gym bag:

At a price of $150, my possession of this bag will forever remain a fantasy unless the little gym fairy decides I deserve it too.  Not only does the price deter me, but so does my best friend, Janelle (got to love her!).  She has clearly stated that I can’t show up to the Sports Club wearing soccer shorts, an old tee, and my Asic shoes while sporting that lululemon gym bag.  Fine, fair enough, I know the comfort look doesn’t fair well with the wealthy look! So I set out for the next best thing: a sporty running backpack.  Because a running backpack has to fit just right and not bounce around while running, I set out to do some backpack research.  My findings:

NIKE CHEYENNE VAPOR

With great reviews about style and durability for long distance runners, I just can’t stomach paying $90 for this pack.  Plus, there is no hydration system included.

Camelbak Annadel 50 oz Hydration Pack


With a better price of $55 and a sleek look, I wanted to know more.  Indeed the hydration aspect is a bonus, however after further investigation of reviews, I found that this backpack doesn’t carry much and tends to “gossle” while running. 

Nathan HPL #008 Race Vest





I finally found the Quadruple Threat! The perfect combination of fit/ function, size, style, and hydration pack with great reviews!  This pack has additional pocks in the front, can hold 1.5 hours worth of water, and ultimately won out because of it's 2-Way Propulsion Harness.  I purchased the pack for $58 (reg. $90) on Amazon, click the backpack icon to the right to check it out!

 Don't worry- I will do a detailed piece on my ability to find online deals / haggle in-stores.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment