Thursday, June 7, 2012

The hardest part about running is the step out the front door!

Many of mornings, I roll over and hit my snooze button about 5 times, which of course does me no good in regards to sleep. I guess it’s just easier to lie in bed than get up and start the day, let only go for a run. However, I have signed up for my first half marathon in Boston on September 16th. The $70 fee and challenge is motivating, however doesn’t always get me out of bed. So I have come up with a few tactics to get me (and you) going in the morning!

Have a great music playlist that wakes you up and gets you moving. I recently decided to purchase the premium version of Spotify, where I can create endless playlists from millions of songs at my disposal. If you don’t know about Spotify, you must check it out! This is what I’m currently rocking out to: 
1. Warm-up: Youth by Foxes 
2. Levels-Radio Edit by Avicii 
3. Heaven by Emeli Sande 
4. Beautiful People featuring Benny Benassi by Chris Brown 
5. Rapture featuring Avicii by Nadia Ali 
6. Right In- Skrillex 
7. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen 
8. Too Close by Alex Clare
 9. Set it Off by Timomatic 
10. Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John 
11. What makes you Beautiful by One Direction 
12. Cool-Down: Snatching it Back by Clarence Carter 

Explore, Explore, Explore. The best part about Boston is that you can’t get anywhere quickly by foot, and even quicker when running. It amazes me how the North End, Financial District, Beacon Hill, and Back Bay all intertwine into what I see as a large running route full of site seeing. Track your travels using the Map My Run Phone App!

I encourage you to run different routes, keep it interesting, and far from boring. From the Beach, to the Mountains, to the City Streets (please be careful in the city!), there is a lot to see! Make it an adventure!

Make a plan and hold yourself accountable. As many first time “half-marathoners” do, I created a training plan. Mine is in excel for two reasons: 1. Life happens and I may need to adjust my plan. & 2. I can track my progress. I mark accomplished days in Green, Failed days in Red, and Extra Days in Blue! I also continuously track my baseline plan vs. actual. I’m a little ashamed to post a screenshot of my progress, but I think it will motivate me to do even better and be able to post an improved pic later! 

** Sorry for the poor UI, but I wanted to show you the details!

Half a run is better than no run at all. I know there are days when I can barely run 2 miles, which is really pathetic considering I’m going to need to run 13.1 miles—get this--- all at one time! But, if you at least get out there and run half of your scheduled run (or just 2 miles), it will benefit you in the long run. You will become mentally and physically stronger!

Now get out there and run! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats extremely wonderful I actually have detected a brand new app this app spotify premium mod apk is nice and that i have started gazing it.Thanks for the assistance and suggesting the matter i'll travel with it.Keep publication and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete