Monday, June 25, 2012

Unique & Odd Running Tips of the Week!

  1. Smile & say “Good Morning” to everyone you see: On my 70 minute run this morning, I had plenty of opportunities to say hello to people I came across! Of course, a few people avoid eye contact and have their headphones in so they don’t hear you, but others are pleasantly surprised! I love when a person has a scowl on their face, and then my “Good Morning” makes their entire face light up! It’s the best motivation when you can be kind and make someone’s day! 

  2. Call a friend with the best stories: I like to use my headphones with remote mic,  for hands-free chatting.  Half- way through my run, I love to call my mom, my boyfriend- Jeff, or my best friends- Janelle, Emily, & Stephanie.  Now, I normally would be out of breathe to make a phone call while running, however, these specific people are great talkers with the BEST Stories! It seriously makes the time fly by! 

  3. Have someone drop you off # ("goal") miles from your destination:  I haven’t tried this one yet, but I thought of it during my run this morning, when I tempted myself 3 times to just turning around before the half-way-point.  If you are the goal distance away from home, you will just have to run all the way! And if you do bring your cell phone, don’t you dare call someone to pick you up! Unless you are in danger of course! 

  4. When all else fails, “Run for Your Life”: Hahaha, my friend recently suggested this race where you run from Zombies while trying to maintain your "health" (think flag football).  Afterwards you are invited to An Apocalypse Party! Check it out by clicking on the picture:
Races will be in Indiana, Colorado, Washington, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Toronto, So Cal, Maryland, Florida, & Texas! Hopefully you are lucky enough to run this crazy race!  

I’d love to open the floor to your unique running tips of the week! Post a comment! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment