Monday, June 4, 2012

Humble yourself, Pray constantly, Cast your anxiety onto Him, and Love!

This blog entry is in thanks to my amazing friend Stephanie, who recently shared this verse with me when I needed it the most.  Thus, it became the verse of the week in my home:


God wants us to see contentment in a situation that we might be unsure of, he wants us to base our joy on the simplicity of placing out trust in him.

By surrendering we slowly but surely learn to overcome all the many sinful pulls of the flesh, the world, and satan himself.  We must submit to God and his ways, so that you can realize how to do, say, and look at things in the way that he would. 

So surrendering means giving up pride, control, independence, and giving up the things in our life that we have deemed important and have placed ahead of our God.  Not only does surrendering mean giving up things, but it also means getting things, filling up on Jesus, allowing Him to be our constant guide, strength, and protection.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -John 14:27

Humble yourself, Pray constantly, Cast your anxiety onto Him, and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment